What is polyester fabric?
Polyester fabric is a very common chemical fiber fabric in daily life, it is made of benzodicarboxylic acid and ethylene glycol through esterification polycondensation reaction, often used to make clothing, bags, tents, etc..
Advantages of polyester fabrics
- Polyester fabric has high strength, 2.6-5.7cN/dtex for short fibers and 5.6-8.0cN/dtex for high strength fibers, and it has basically the same strength in dry and wet environments because of its low moisture absorption.
- Polyester fabric has super elasticity, almost the same as the elasticity of wool, when the fabric is stretched by 5%-6%, it can be completely restored to its original shape, rubbing the polyester fabric repeatedly, it will soon be restored to its original shape and will not leave wrinkles, which cannot be surpassed by other fabrics.
- Polyester fabric is very heat resistant, it has the best heat resistance among all chemical fabrics and possesses excellent plasticity.
- Polyester fabric has better light resistance, and the items made of it are more resistant to sunlight than natural fiber fabrics, and there is no problem to put polyester fabric products under the sun, so you don’t have to worry about damage.
- Good abrasion resistance, second only to nylon, which has the best abrasion resistance, and better than other natural and synthetic fibers.
- Good chemical resistance, polyester fabrics made of textiles, can effectively prevent the destruction of its acid and alkali, so some bleach and oxidizing agents do not work on it, but also not afraid of mold and mildew, not afraid of insects.
Disadvantages of polyester fabric
- Poor dyeability, more difficult to dye, but good color fastness, not easy to fade.
- Melting point is low, although polyester has good heat resistance, but once encountered with soot or sparks, etc. it is easy to form small holes, so polyester products should avoid contact with sparks and cigarette butts.
- Poor moisture absorption, wearing more stuffy, while easy to generate static electricity, adsorption of dust, affecting the beauty and comfort.
- Easy to pilling, all synthetic fabrics will have pilling phenomenon, polyester fabric as one of the synthetic fiber products, after a period of use will also pilling.